A Pandemic of Plenty
Posted on September 28, 2020 | Posted by Pastor Daniel
Fill our your 2021 estimate of giving here!
Our generosity is in response to God’s generosity toward us. God has given us our lives and abilities, resources and food. God has sent Jesus to give us a place as children of God, guidance for our lives, and a forever future with God. In knowing God’s generosity, we are generous in supporting what God calls us to do in this difficult time for many.
In this time of increased need, we believe God is calling us to create a Pandemic of Plenty – an abundance of food for local families. Our 2020 Stewardship goal is to increase our giving by $25,000 above our current level of giving.
A Pandemic of Plenty Goals:
$10,000 – Local Support.
- $5000 to Mercy’s Gate on the frontlines of meeting local food needs
- $4000 to Family Promise (IHN) for supporting local at risk families
- $1000 to our food backpacks program for our CLC families.
$15,000 – Support for our Ministry Foundations. This includes modest increases in salaries and coverage for increases in fixed costs like insurance and utilities.
St. Paul wrote, “You glorify God by your obedience to the confession of the gospel of Christ and by the generosity of your sharing with them and with all others.” 2 Cor 9:13
In response to God’s generosity, we would ask you to consider three actions:
First, consider what you currently give to Ascension. To meet our goal we need a good portion of you to increase your giving. For example, someone might move from $25 per week to $35 per week.
Second, reflect on these faith questions:
- How does my giving level compare with other ways I use my money?
- How adequately does my offering reflect my gratitude to God for all the blessing I receive?
- How much more could I give if I really wanted to?
- How do the expanding ministries of Ascension encourage me to give?
Third, fill out and mail in the Estimated Giving Card mailed to you and send it to the church in the envelope provided or …
Complete an online version at the following link: https://forms.gle/uXt3kUFHmGfPdZATA