Posted on February 18, 2022 | Posted by Mary Stoneback
THIS YEAR’S LENTEN BAGS ARE SPONSORED BY A GRANT FROM ASCENSION’S ENDOWMENT & BROUGHT TO YOU BY MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF LAY MINISTRY AND BOARD OF WORSHIP. WE PRAY THESE BAGS ENCOURAGE YOU IN YOUR FAITH THIS LENTEN SEASON. YOU ARE CARED FOR BY THIS FAITH COMMUNITY.
PICK-UP YOUR LENTEN BAG SUNDAY FEBRUARY 27 AT CHURCH DURING THE SHROVE SUNDAY FELLOWSHIP HOUR OR ASH WEDNESDAY SERVICES ON MARCH 2 (12PM OR 7PM)
What’s in the Bag?
- An INFORMATIONAL STICKER is on the outside of your bag. Take a picture of the QR Code or visit the website for details about the Lenten Season and Midweek Soup Suppers and Services.
- A SOUP package to enjoy for a meal! The soup is packaged by Women’s Bean Project out of Denver and supports single mothers in gaining skills for business.
- A BOOKMARK explaining the sacred prayer practice of Lectio Divina.
- A Stained Glass Art CRAFT
- A stamped envelope and CARD to send out a word of encouragement to family and friends.
- A WORLD HUNGER ENVELOPE to bring back to church with your World Hunger donation.