“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise. Bind them as a sign on your hand, fix them as an emblem on your forehead, and write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Faith formation is the lifelong process of growing in love and faith in Christ. Therefore, the formation of faith happens over time and is informed by what we are engaged in to grow. Ascension’s Faith Formation programming covers the spectrum of life stages to provide educational, service and fellowship opportunities for all ages to grow in their faith in Christ. We are dedicated to Affirming, Equipping and Engaging members in their God-given gifts in order to be a part of God’s ministry happening here at Ascension and elsewhere.
From Sunday School for all ages, Bible studies, Confirmation for sixth – eighth graders, Inter-generational events and service projects and prayer groups, we invite you to engage your faith in fun and meaningful ways.
How to Pass on the Faith:
- Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal trusted relationships – often in our own homes.
- The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation and ministry of the home.
- Where Christ is present in faith, the home is church, too.
- Faith is caught more than it is taught.
- If we want Christian children and youth, we need Christian adults.
How to Practice the Faith:
FOUR KEY CONCEPTS
- Caring Conversations
- Rituals and Traditions
How to be a Faith Former:
Created by The Youth & Family Institute 877.239.2492
For more information, please contact Mary Stoneback (Deacon for Faith Formation) at: email@example.com